So, Laura and I are getting prepared for a fun family Thanksgiving with our parents in the North Carolina mountains this week. Hopefully we’ll have some fun pictures to post when we return! But, before I leave, I wanted to to a follow-up on the posts I did with ideas on how to make my oilcloth binders into family recipe books and planners.
Using My Oilcloth Mini Binders To Make Recipe Books and Family Planners
As a follow up to my first post about how to use my oilcloth mini binders, made to hold half sheets of paper, my sister discovered these recipe refill pages for 4×6 recipe cards that fit perfectly in my mini binders. They are slightly expensive, but I’ve tried other refill pages for 4×6 index cards that don’t fit as well as these. These could be very useful for making a recipe book using already existing 4×6 or 3×5 index cards. Websites such as allrecipes.com allow you to print their recipes in 4×6 format, or you can find many cute and creative printable recipe cards here on Etsy.
Also, here is a list of websites with planner pages you can order or print yourself that fit in my mini binder. **Ideas #2 and #3 require half sheet page protectors, available here.
- The Busy Woman (she offers all her planner pages in a notebook size, which fits our mini binders)
- Crystal Wilkerson (Stay tuned as she offers a 2012 version of this free planner sometime in December)
- My previous blog post (scroll down to Idea #1: The Mini recipe book for instructions on how to make your own recipe book)
- Day Runner (look at their planner refills for 5.5″x8.5″)
- Day-Timer (also look for their refills for 5.5″x8.5″)
Using My Normal Sized Oilcloth Binders to Make Recipe Books and Family Planners
If you prefer my regular sized binders for 8 1/2″ x 11″ pages, I could lead you down a long rabbit trail of websites you can go to for various print outs that would make the ultimate family planner or recipe book using in my oilcloth 1″, 1.5″ or 2″ binders. I’ve narrowed it down here to some of the best. Some I already mentioned in a previous post, but I’m adding a few new ones here:
- The Organized Home (This one gets two thumbs up, comprehensive and the easy to navigate!)
- Life Your Way free printables
- Mommy Tracked
- Design Finch
- Coupon Magic Organizer (for you couponers out there!)
Okay, hope you enjoy all these printables, have a Happy Thanksgiving!!